Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Future

I've been impressed with a variety of individuals as of late, and I think one thing they all have in common is their ability to look towards THE FUTURE. Innovation is a very exciting part of life, we are are all born innovators, child development is like programmed human innovation, we're always reacting, learning and adjusting. However, I think the ability to look way ahead in the future, see what could be, or what is necessary at the end produce if you will, and then have the capability to break down that version into smaller attainable steps over a timeline is a TREMENDOUS talent, and I think that this quality is extremely impressive in people. To be able to grasp a concept, create it, play with it your mind, fully understand it, and then convince others to believe and invest in your idea and your time line, is so impressive. I think the health care industry needs to be looking to the future more, and as of yet, we don't have a leader that is able to innovate and get other people to invest effectively. I think my current example of someone who I think has a keen ability to understand the future of their industry is Steve Jobs, and I wish I could see in his head and understand what he thinks out communication, music, and video technology will look like in 20 years.

No comments: